About Our School
On September 11, 1897, a two room schoolhouse was built and named Ravinia School. The school was named after the ravines and the village of Ravinia. The original school housed only 50 students inside a two-room building about the size of the current school's gymnasium.
Ravinia School currently serves nearly 260 kindergarten through fifth-grade students. The school has greatly expanded since the two-room schoolhouse. The latest addition was completed in 1999, which included several classrooms, a multipurpose room, and our greenhouse! A diverse staff works together daily to meet the needs of each student.
Ravinia School is located in Highland Park, Illinois on Chicago's North Shore. It is only a few short blocks west of Lake Michigan and about 25 miles from the heart of downtown Chicago.
8:40 AM to 3:17 PM
Blue & Gold